1.3 The data controller of the personal data is Mediterrania Capital Partners, Ltd. with registered office at B2, Industry Street, Qormi, QRM 3000, Malta. VAT No. MT2149-0816
1.4 Personal information means any information that we hold about you from which you can be identified either directly or indirectly and it may include your name; contact details; job title, employer organisation, qualifications, CV, employment history and professional activities, information relating to your financial status and dealings, nationality information (including copies of identity documents, such as your passport), references provided by third parties, and results of other due diligence carried out.
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 We will collect and store your personal information when you interact with our website, when you have had contact with Mediterrania Capital Partners through introductions or meeting an Mediterrania Capital Partners representative or when corresponding with us in relation to a transaction that Mediterrania Capital Partners and/or the funds it manages or advises enter into, or a potential transaction that Mediterrania Capital Partners is considering or in respect of the funds that Mediterrania Capital Partners manages or advises.
2.2 We collect personal information in writing, by telephone, by e-mail and by online registrations. We may receive information from third parties who collect personal information from you and pass it on to us for example where we conduct verification or anti-money laundering checks on sponsors and management teams for prospective transactions.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
3.1 If you are a business contact we will hold limited amounts of personal information about you such as your name, contact details, job title, employer organisation and perhaps your CV.
3.2 If you are a supplier, consultant or professional advisor, we will hold personal information about you including the information set out in paragraph 3.1, as well as your date of birth, bank account details and VAT number (to the extent applicable).
3.3 If you are a job applicant, we may hold information you have provided to us in your CV, application form and covering letter including the information set out in paragraph 3.1 as well as your date of birth, gender and any information you provide to us as during an interview. We may also hold special categories of more sensitive personal information such as your race or ethnicity, information about your health including any medical condition and sickness records.
3.4 If you are a sponsor or a member of an actual or potential management team in respect of a transaction and/or potential transaction that Mediterrania Capital Partners and/or funds managed or advised by Mediterrania Capital Partners enter into or consider, personal information that we hold about you will include the same information listed in paragraph 3.1 above and may include your CV, details of your previous employment history and professional activities, information relating to your financial status and dealings, nationality (including copies of identity documents, such as a passport), references provided by third parties and results of other due diligence carried out.
3.5 If you are an investor or potential investor, personal information we hold about you may include the same information as listed in paragraph 3.1, as well as bank account details, share in investments, amounts invested, returns from such investments and tax number, and information relating to your financial status and dealings, nationality (including copies of identity documents, such as a passport), references provided by third parties and results of other due diligence carried out. For more information relating to the information we hold about you if you are an investor, please refer to the relevant investment documentation.
3.6 We will take reasonable steps to keep the personal information that we store accurate and where necessary up to date. If you consider that any of the personal information that Mediterrania Capital Partners holds about you is incorrect please notify us, see Contact Information in paragraph 17 below.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
4.1 The personal data will not be segmented or assigned to third parties or used for purposes other than the following:
- managing and maintaining records of services or advice we have received, and commissioning further services;
- seeking and obtaining advice from our professional advisors, including lawyers, accountants and other consultants;
- inviting you to presentations and events and organising meetings between you and Mediterrania Capital Partners representatives;
- providing you with analysis of the markets Mediterrania Capital Partners operates in;
- assessing potential transactions;
- maintaining records of investments and administering any transaction that one of our funds (or parties related to it) enters into;
- assessing your suitability for involvement in a transaction, including verifying your identity and source of funds;
- complying with our (and our funds’) regulatory and legal obligations, including tax reporting and assessing and managing risk;
- for our own administrative purposes or conducting internal audits;
- protecting our legal rights and interests;
- if you are a supplier, consultant, professional advisor or investor, to carry out our contract with you; and
- to conduct research about the use of our website.
4.2 We will not sell your personal information to others.
4.3 If we wish to use your personal information for a purpose beyond that for which it was originally provided, we will ask for your consent or seek to rely on another valid legal ground to process your personal information in accordance with the applicable law.
- INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
5.1 We may use your information to send you updates and news concerning Mediterrania Capital Partners and its business and activities and events which we feel may be of interest to you.
5.2 If at any time you wish us to stop using your information for these purposes, please notify Mediterrania Capital Partners, see Contact Information in paragraph 17 below.
- GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING
6.1 In order to store, hold and process your data lawfully we rely on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- your consent to processing activities. For example, where you have consented to us using your information for marketing purposes; or
- our legitimate interests in running our business. For example, if we enter into a transaction involving you, whether it completes or not, it may be necessary for us to process your personal information for the purpose of performing that contract and/or for complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- our compliance with a legal obligation to which Mediterrania Capital Partners is subject. For example, we have a duty to investigate and respond to complaints made against us and may need to process your personal information as part of such investigation; or
- if you are a party to a contract, because processing your personal data is necessary for the performance of that contract.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
7.1 There are circumstances where we may wish to disclose or are compelled to disclose your personal data to third parties. This will only take place in accordance with the applicable law and for the purposes listed above. These scenarios include disclosure:
- to other companies in the Mediterrania Capital Partners group or our representative or associated offices;
- to our outsourced third-party service providers who process personal information on our behalf such as providers of cloud hosting solutions or providers of data storage or security;
- to professional advisors such as lawyers and accountants, fund administrators or other consultants;
- to persons who have an interest or involvement in or who are considering an interest or involvement in a transaction with Mediterrania Capital Partners (or funds managed or advised by Mediterrania Capital Partners) including financial intermediaries, providers of finance, co-investors and investors in funds managed or advised by Mediterrania Capital Partners;
- to legal and regulatory authorities where we are required by law or regulation to do so; and
- to any other third party where you have provided your consent.
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF MALTA
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
10.1 Mediterrania Capital Partners will take all reasonable steps to:
- safeguard all personal information that you provide to us;
- ensure that it remains confidential and secure; and
- ensure that personal privacy is respected.
10.2 All our data is stored in written or electronic form on our servers and computers and in various physical locations. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure and loss or corruption by computer viruses and other sources of harm.
- YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARDS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
11.1 Data protection law provides individuals with certain rights, including the right to: access, rectify, withdraw consent, erase, restrict, transport, and object to the processing of, their personal information. Individuals also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority if they believe that their personal information is not being processed in accordance with the law. Further information about your rights is set out below at paragraphs 11.1.1 to 11.1.6:
- Right to obtain a copy of your personal information. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Right to rectification. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or incomplete personal information. If we disagree and believe the information to be accurate and complete, we will advise you and include a notation on the record that you dispute the information’s accuracy.
- Right to withdraw consent. You may, as permitted by law, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent.
- Right to object to processing. You may request that we stop processing your personal information.
- Right to erasure. You may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so.
- Right to loge a complaint with the supervisory authority. You have the right to complain about the use of your personal information to the relevant supervisory authority.
11.2 Any request under paragraphs 11.1.1 to 11.1.5 should be submitted in writing to Montserrat Petit – Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, you do have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority as noted in paragraph 11.1.6.
- THIRD PARTIES
- COMPLIANCE WITH PRIVACY LAWS
14.1 Mediterrania Capital Partners complies with the data protection and privacy laws to which it is subject. You should satisfy yourself that you are familiar with those laws, including any exceptions which may apply under them. You should also be aware that privacy laws in various jurisdictions may change from time to time.
15.3 A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
15.4 We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website such as the Alumni page.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and any information and advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
15.5 You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie Name||Purpose||Duration||More information|
|Google Analytics _ga||Used to distinguish users||2 years||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
|Google Analytics _gat||Used to throttle request rates to maintain website performance||1 minute|
|Google Analytics _gid||Used to distinguish users||24 hours|
|viewed_cookie_policy||Used to record if user has seen cookies message||1 year||Used to record if user has seen cookies message|
|cookiesDirective||Used to record user preference in relation to cookies||1 year||Used to record cookie acceptance and supress message after accepting cookie use.|
15.7 You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
- CONTACT INFORMATION